Meet the Forty Elephants.
This is the name of a gang based out of London. With bedecked knuckles of diamond rings, the leader “Diamond Annie” (real name Alice Diamond) led this fierce all-female force of shoplifters that terrorized high quality stores in the West End of London and in other cities.
Also, here are two members of the Forty Elephants:
From about 1873 - 1950 (though, there are some indications of reports as early as the late 1700’s), these women - with their specially tailored suits and their fast cars (when the 20th century rolled around) were virtually unstoppable and went nearly undetected from police.
They were ruthless and pitiless when it came to their “turf”. If anyone was caught stealing from one of their stores, they would arrange beatings and even kidnappings until the money was paid.
They were rebellious, decadent, and knew how to have a good time. They loved to throw lavish parties and even more they loved to live it up at the finest pubs and restaurants.
They were incredibly smart and maintained avoiding police detection by using fake names and rarely wearing what they stole. They usually bought high fashion clothes for themselves and sold what they stole.
Sometimes, they went into partnership with the all-male “Elephant and Castle Mob.
Which in turn, made it even more difficult for police to apprehend them. These women ran one of the largest operations of organized shoplifting their country had ever known. And yet, some of us are *just barely* hearing about them.
My God, when will there be a movie, dangit.
But a female protagonist of GTA is unrealistic doe?
are you the sun bc you need to stay 93,000,000 miles away from me
losing an argument when you are right just because the other person is too stupid to understand what you’re saying is probably one of the most infuriating things the entire universe
Does that really count as losing? Because it sounds more like a matter of some dipshit with no argument just being too dense to concede.
3 beers in. Believe me, even I’m surprised
I’m still alive sometimes.
I have been drinking about you for 2 days.
Lately you remind me of a wild thing
chewing through its foot. But you
are already free and I don’t know what to do
except trace the rough line of your jaw
and try not to place blame.
Here is the truth: It is hard to be in love
with someone who is in love someone else.
I don’t know how to turn that into poetry.
|—||Clementine von Radics (via le-dilemme)|
1. He is the Worst of the Worst.
- While much of the nation was disheartened by Mitt Romney’s remarks about the 47%, Paul Ryan was busy making a similar claim. The difference? Ryan believes this country’s “Takers” actually account for 60%.
- While Todd Aiken became the poster child for “Legitimate Rape,” Paul Ryan doubled down on Aiken’s view. Not only did Paul Ryan co-sponsor several anti-choice bills with Aiken, he wants to enact the most absurd anti-choice laws our country has ever seen.
2. Just because he didn’t earn his keep doesn’t mean he can’t demand that you earn yours.
- Paul Ryan loves to use the phrase, “Makers vs Takers.” He even co-authored a book about the “Takers” this country continues to allows to eat. Perhaps he should instead change his mantra to “Do as I say, not as I do.” Paul Ryan’s college education was paid for by his father’s death benefits (Yes, the very benefits he now wants to cut). Add to that, his current worth is measured at 7 million dollars. 5 million of which was received through a trust his wife received when her Mother passed away. He’s not a maker so that would make him….?
3. He’s Kind of a Numbers Guy.
- At least, that’s what he keeps saying. Strange thing, his numbers don’t seem to add up. In fact, some of them are straight out of Narnia. The balanced budget he is so proud of, doesn’t actually work. First, it heavily depends on a world of pure imagination, a hope that the Affordable Care Act will be overturned. A hope that has already been shot down on the house floor several times and has no end in sight. His budget is also reminiscent of Whodini as with a small slight of hand, the very same budget that he once said would take 25 years to balance now, like magic, is scheduled to be balanced in 10 years. Conveniently enough, the budget house committee only does fiscal budgets for 10 years at a time. If his budget was approved but didn’t work, he would likely never be held accountable for all the numbers that don’t add up.
- Oh and when he says balanced…
4. Before you cheer to loudly over his performance during the IRS questioning…
- Ask yourself, why did he paint the President as the culprit or at least part of the team? Like my Grandmother always told me, “When you’re right, you don’t have to lie.“
- Speaking of blatant anti-American actions, hostage crisis anyone?
- Like Paul Ryan? Stay away from the facts.
5. Paul Ryan isn’t a bigot extremist but…
- He does believe that what rapists in this country really need is a new smaller person to rape.
- What did his (allegedly) going on a few dates with a Black girl in college have to do with anything? Well, you were supposed to keep that in your mind as he stated that the best way to stop gun violence was to “Teach character and discipline” to the people in the “Inner cities.” (It’s a good thing there is no gun violence outside of the inner cities!!) You were also supposed to be so enamored by this revelation that you completely forgave the direct harm placed on Black Americans. The urban turnout probably was surprising for Paul Ryan considering how hard the GOP worked to suppress the Black vote.
- He voted against equal pay for women, against gay adoption, is anti-birth control and somehow also anti-choice,
- Maybe he’s better on immigration…nope, not at all.
Welp, Google wins again. Shame on you, Bing.
it’s like obama is google and romney is bing
It’s like obama is google and romney is bing
Whenever I hear dudes say that feminists don’t want equality they want a matriarchy im just like wow so what you’re saying is that having a society ruled by one sex is a bad thing?
Oh my god. ‘men will actually respect women more if they see women showing compassion to them’. If you want women to show you compassion, don’t fucking rape them.
If you need me I’ll be in the angry-dome.
You know, the first time I stab you in the face, it’s just me getting carried away. JESUS, HAVE SOME COMPASSION. You’re not DEAD or anything! It’s just a social misbehavior, GODDDDDDDDD.
And they wonder why we cheer when we hear about women beheading or otherwise disposing of their rapists. Why? Because society has decided we don’t deserve justice or compassion. Instead they worry about the poor rapists. Lord help me if I ever hear a dude say this in person because I may very well go after him with a fucking weapon.
Let’s have mercy for first-time murderers! They just got carried away!
Let’s have mercy for first-time bank robbers!
“I’ve met men like Felix. They exist. That’s why I think it’s not fair to debase the character. I also think he’s not a gay character. He’s a character who happens to be gay. He’s also an artist, he’s a brother, he’s multi-faceted.” - Jordan Gavaris
MY OPINION ON THINGS CHANGE FREQUENTLY AS I LEARN MORE STUFF ABOUT THE THING PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR SOMETHING I SAID THREE YEARS AGO